This excursion will take us to the hydroelectric power system of Calheta I – III. The island’s power company Empresa de Electricidade da Madeira (EEM) will give us insights into its power system.
The trip will start in the morning (9:30 a.m.) and have a duration of about 4-5 hours.
- 09:30 – Departure from workshop venue VidaMar
- 10:15 – Arrival at Pico da Urze Dam at Paul da Serra plateau
- 10:15 – Visit of dam and pumping station of Paul da Serra including additional renewable sources such as Wind an PV
- 11:00 – Travel to the hydro power plant Calheta III
- 11:20 – Visit of hydropower plant Calheta III, lower reservoir and pumping station of Calheta III
- 12:30 – Return
- 13:30 – Arrival at workshop venue VidaMar
Please note that the times are preliminary and estimates.