Schedule:The trip will be a whole day trip, starting at the conference hotel in the morning (08:00 a.m.) and have a duration of about 12 hours.
- Meeting time 1: 07:45 a.m.
- Meeting Point 1: Hilton Garden Inn Faroe Islands
Bus transport to Tórshavn ferry harbour
- Meeting time 2: 08:30 a.m.
- Meeting Point 2 (individual arrival): Tórshavn ferry harbour (Farstøðin) – Eystara Bryggja
- Ferry departure to Suðuroy harbour of Tvøroyri: 8:45 (about 2 h trip), refreshments can be bought onboard (not included in the participation fee)
- Bus transport on Suðuroy
- Tour to the new substation in Porkeri where the battery and synchronous condenser is situated and drive by the wind farm, including light refreshment
- Trip up the mountain to the Botn Hydro station and short guided tour
- Driving to Vágur: short tour in the diesel power plant
- Depending on the schedule: Tour to Sumba solar power farm
- Ferry departure from Suðuroy harbour of Tvøroyri: 17:30 p.m., refreshments can be bought onboard (not included in the participation fee)
- Arrival at Tórshavn harbour: 19:30
- Return to Hilton Garden Inn Faroe Islands: 20:00 p.m.
Please note that the times are preliminary and estimates. Transportation during study trip and a light refreshment are included.